Which of the following properties explain why a city near the Pacific Ocean experiences less dramatic changes in temperature during the day compared to a city farther inland? I. Water forms hydrogen bonds II. Water has a low specific heat III. Water has a high surface tension

Which of the following properties explain why a city near the Pacific Ocean experiences less dramatic changes in temperature during the day compared to a city farther inland? I. Water forms hydrogen bonds II. Water has a low specific heat III. Water has a high surface tension



A - I and II
B - II
C - III
D - I and III
E - I


Answer: E - Water forms hydrogen bonds


Land close to water is going to experience more climate change because energy is sucked in by the water in order to heat it, so extra energy is needed to heat the land. This is caused by water having a high specific heat (the energy needed to raise the temp. of 1g of a substance to 1 C)


Learn More :